To make curry:
1. Bone less chicken or minced chicken – 250 gm
2. Onion – 1 small
3. Tomatoes – 2 med size or Tomato puree – ¾ cup
4. Garlic – 2 pods
5. Salt – as reqd
6. Vinegar – 1 tsp
7. Fresh ground coarse pepper – 1 tbsp
8. Vegetable oil – as reqd
9. Cumin powder – ½ tsp
To make White sauce:
1. All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
2. Milk – 1 ½ cup
3. Butter – 2 tbsp
4. Salt – as reqd
5. Cheddar cheese – 2 tbsp
To make Lasagna:
1. Lasagna noodles – 8 pieces
2. Cheddar cheese – ½ cup (grated)
3. Spring onions or corriander leaves – ¼ cup finely chopped
To make curry:
1. Clean and grind the boneless chicken and set it aside. (It is not necessary to clean the minced chicken.)
2. To make tomato puree: Boil water in a pan and add to tomatoes until the skin leaves it intact. Take off the skin, allow it to cool and grind it into a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a sauce pan, and toss in the crushed garlic and finely chopped onions with 1 tsp salt, cumin powder and ground pepper. Sauté it until the onion turns pink.
4. Add a tsp of vinegar and the minced chicken to it and sauté it until the chicken turns pale.
5. Add the tomato puree and give it a stir.
6. Add 2 cups of water and cook with lids on in medium flame until the gravy gets thicker.
7. Check for salt and turn off the fire.
To make white sauce:
1. Heat the butter in a sauce pan, and add the flour and blend together into a smooth paste.
2. Add the milk to the mixture and keep stirring until the mixture turns into a smooth saucy consistency.
3. Add the cheese to the sauce and turn off the fire. Cover the lid and allow it to stand for a while for the cheese to melt with the mixture.
4. Allow it to cool.
Assembling and cooking Lasagna:
1. Boil water in a pan and add the lasagna noodles with 1 tsp oil and allow it to cook tender.
2. Filter the water and keep the noodles aside.
3. Grease the bottom of a rectangular bowl, and pour 2 ladles of chicken curry into it.
4. Arrange 2 or 3 of the cooked lasagna noodles so as to cover the curry.
5. Top the lasagna noodles with white sauce, and a ladle of chicken curry. Sprinkle with a tbsp of grated cheddar cheese.
6. Arrange another layer of lasagna noodles over the curry and repeat with white sauce, chicken curry and grated cheddar cheese.
7. Sprinkle with corriander leaves or spring onions over the last layer.
8. Allow an inch and half on the top of the bowl, for the lasagna to cook and raise.
9. Cover and cook for 30 minutes in microwave or until the tooth pick pieces the noodles effortlessly.
10. When it is done, allow it to stand in the room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
11. Serves 2.
For Pressure cooking: Place the assembled bowl into the pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles or 20 minutes. Taste differs from oven cooking to pressure cooker cooking.